1. Mary and I are looking forward very much to the party. 瑪麗和我熱切盼望晚會的舉行。
2. I don't suppose you have much time. 我想你不會有很多時間。
3. I think we may learn much from it. 我想我們能從中學到許多。
4. Rain turns dust into mud. 雨把塵土變成了軟泥。
5. There have been several murders this year. 今年發生了好幾起謀殺案。
6. That famous politician was murdered last year. 那位著名的政治家去年被謀殺了。
7. Men have been making music for thousands of years. 人類創作音樂已有數千年曆史。
8. In England traffic must keep to the left. 在英國,車輛必須靠左行駛。
9. My job is teaching English. 我的職業是教英語。
10. I told myself to calm down. 我告誡自己要冷靜下來。
11. What's the name of the river? 這條河叫什麼名字?
12. He is an artist of great name. 他是個大名鼎鼎的藝術家。
13. She was named after her grandmother. 她是根據她祖母的名字命名的。
14. The gate is too narrow for a car. 大門太窄,汽車進不去。
15. They planed to narrow the gap between imports and exports. 他們計劃縮小進出口的差額。
16. Australia is an English speaking nation. 澳大利亞是一個講英語的國家。
17. Our newspaper is a national newspaper. 我們的報紙是全國性的報紙。
18. The national news comes after the international news. 國內新聞在國際新聞之後報道。
19. Foreign nationals were asked to leave the country. 外國僑民被要求離開該國。
20. My native language is Chinese. 我的母語是漢語。
21. He is a Beijing native. 他是土生土長的北京人。
22. It's quite natural that you should succeed. 你的成功是很自然的事情。
23. I prefer to see animals living in their natural state. 我寧願看處於野生狀態的動物。
24. Nature is at its best in spring. 春天裡萬物欣欣向榮。
25. It's her nature to be generous. 慷慨大方是她的天性。
26. Can you tell me the nearest way to the railway station? 你能告訴我去火車站最近的路嗎?
27. He is near forty. 他年近四十。
28. Is it necessary for me to attend the meeting? 我真的必須參加這個會議嗎?
29. The necessary outcome of a war is a fall in production. 戰爭帶來的必然結果就是生產力下降。
30. The fans of the actress craned their necks to catch a glimpse of their idol. 那位女演員的崇拜者們伸長了脖子想看一看他們崇拜的偶像。 31. If I need you to come and help I'll call. 如果我需要你來幫忙,我會打電話的。
32. You needn't talk so loud. 你說話的聲音用不著那麼大。
33. The doctor told me I was in need of a good rest. 醫生對我說,我需要好好休息。
34. The road looks beautiful covered by golden pine needles. 這條路上鋪滿了金黃色的松針,看上去美極了。
35. Britain's nearest neighbor is France. 英國最近的鄰居是法國。
36. Neither chair is comfortable. 兩把椅子坐起來都不舒服。
37. Neither of my sisters drinks coffee. 我的兩個姐妹都不喝咖啡。
38. He hasn't got a ticket and neither have I. 他沒有票,我也沒有。
39. The swallows nested under the eaves. 燕子在屋檐下築巢。
40. The bird is building a nest of straw and twigs. 這隻鳥在用稻草和小樹枝築巢。
41. They netted the fruit trees to protect them from birds. 他們用網覆蓋住果樹以使其免遭鳥害。
42. This area has not been covered by the communication net. 這個地區還不在通訊網的覆蓋之內。
43. The net weight of this jar of coffee is 180 grams. 這瓶咖啡淨重180克。
44. I will never forget your kindness. 我永遠忘不了你的好意。
45. We never flinch from difficulties. 在困難面前我們決不退縮。
46. They sell new and used furniture. 他們出售新舊傢具。
47. She is new to this country. 她對這個國家還不熟悉。
48. Have you read the news about the election? 你看了關於選舉的新聞了嗎?
49. I haven't heard any news from my son lately. 我最近沒聽到我兒子的任何音訊。
50. I heard it on the 7 o'clock news. 我在七點鐘的新聞報道中聽到了這則消息。
51. We have subscribed to an evening newspaper. 我們已經訂閱了一份晚報。
52. I learned this piece of news from the newspaper this morning. 我是今天早晨從報紙上知道這條消息的。
53. If I miss this train I'll catch the next one. 如果我錯過了這班火車,就趕乘下一班。
54. What will you do next? 接下來你要幹什麼?
55. May I bring my chair next to yours? 我可以把我的椅子移到你的旁邊嗎?
56. How nice of you to do that! 你那樣做真是太好了!
57. Night began to fall. 夜幕降臨。
58. He has no money. 他沒有錢。
59. No smoking. 禁止吸煙。
60. He is a man of noble birth. 他出身貴族。
61. It's very noble of you to look after my old grandmother when I was out for business. 你心地真好,在我出差期間照顧我年邁的外婆。
62. I've called but nobody answered. 我打過電話了,但是沒有人接。
63. He wants to be famous---he is tired of being nobody. 他想出名,無名小卒他當膩了。
64. She nodded when she passed me in the street. 她在街上走過我身旁時向我點了點頭。
65. He nodded in agreement with me. 他點頭表示同意我的意見。
66. She greeted us with a nod of the head. 她向我們點點頭打招呼。
67. There is so much noise in this restaurant; I can hardly hear you talking. 這個餐廳裡太嘈雜了,我幾乎聽不到你說話。
68. There must be something wrong with the engine; it's making funny noises. 引擎一定是出了故障,發出一種奇怪的雜音。
69. None of the money is mine. 這些錢中沒有一文是我的。
70. My car is none the worse for the accident. 我的汽車遇到事故,但毫無損壞。
71. He can neither read nor write. 他既不會讀也不會寫。
72. China lies to the north of Vietnam. 中國位於越南的北面。
73. In the northern hemisphere, spring is in March and April. 在北半球,春季是三月和四月。
74. Many dogs have a good nose. 多數狗嗅覺都很靈。
75. They will not agree. 他們不會同意。
76. We are not teachers. 我們不是老師。
77. Not everyone likes this book. 並不是每個人都喜歡這本書。
78. Are there any explanatory notes at the back of the book? 書後面有注解嗎?
79. Let me note down your address and telephone number. 讓我記下你的地址和電話號碼。 80. I failed to note that he had left. 我沒有注意到他已經走了。
81. Nothing ever happens in this town. 這小鎮上什麼事也沒發生過。
82. It has nothing to do with you. 這與你無關。
83. Did you notice anything peculiar? 你注意到有什麼異常的事嗎?
84. Her appearance attracted my notice. 她的外表引起了我的注意。
85. This office will open in November. 這個事務所將在十一月開業。
86. He is writing a letter now. 他現在正在寫信。
87. He was at home just now. 他剛才在家。
88. The students of our department numbered in the hundreds. 我們系的學生總共有幾百人。
89. My daughter is a nurse. 我女兒是一名護士。
90. She spends her spare time nursing her old mother. 她的業餘時間都花在照顧她年老的母親上。
91. Cashew nuts and walnuts are both nuts. 腰果和核桃都是堅果。
92. I am a Clark Gable nut: I have seen all his films. 我是克拉克·蓋博的影迷,我看過他演的所有影片。
93. It's eleven o'clock now. 現在是十一點鐘。
94. The door is made of oak. 這門是橡木做的。